Our client a leading Multinational Semiconductor Power Company requires Staff Digital IC Design Engineer for position based in Cork City, Ireland.
The team is working on developing a multi-phase digital VR controller with 20+ phases for use in multiple high-end applications such as servers, data farms, and computing server industrial data space
In this position, the successful candidate will work with an experienced team and be exposed to the entire product lifecycle from definition and requirements through IC design to silicon support. This is a varied role with the opportunity to create real impact within the organization and build a promising career
Include the following:
- Development of IC architectures.
- Design and specification of system blocks including RISC/ARM processors, DSP cores and communications interfaces.
- Specification and design of digital & mixed-signal sub-systems.
- Verification of design blocks at block-level, system-level and chip-level.
- Active participation in product and technology roadmap planning and implementation.
- Participation and leadership of design reviews for assigned areas of responsibility.
- FPGA prototyping and evaluation of power control schemes for real-world scenarios.
- Low power ASIC design – from concept through to post-layout evaluation.
- Chip integration, design synthesis, constraint development, timing closure & backend support.
- Design-For-Testability (DFT) including ATPG.
- Maintenance of engineering documents in accordance with quality processes.
- Structured tracking and implementation of design improvements.
- Support for test-engineering, product engineering and operations as well as participation in ATE data reviews, limit reviews and device yield analysis
PhD, post-graduate or degree qualification in Electronic Engineering or similar.
- 7+ years of digital circuit design experience in ASIC/SOC environments.
- Experience and knowledge of power conversion.
- Verilog RTL coding, simulation and synthesis.
- Experience with FPGA prototyping.
- Digital Signal Processor and/or computational hardware design experience.
- Self-motivated, individual contributor with strong problem solving skills.
- Experience of working in wide-ranging roles and flexible environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- The ability to work with cross-functional teams.
For further information please contact Mícheál at Software Placements on 00353 1 5254642 or email email@example.com