Our client is a market leading financial technology company based in Dublin.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Software Team Lead to join our geographically dispersed team. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in overseeing the design and development of software solutions built on .NET Core, SQL Server, and distributed event-driven architecture.
The Software Team Lead will lead a team of developers and collaborate closely with Solution Architect, project management and scrum masters to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Team Leadership:
- Lead a geographically dispersed team of software developers.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative team culture.
- Provide technical guidance and support to team members.
- Guide and mentor team members, promoting their professional development.
- Conduct team performance reviews
- Code Quality and Review:
- Instigate and oversee a robust code quality review process.
- Ensure adherence to coding standards and best practices.
- Continuously seek opportunities for process improvement.
- Technology Stack:
- Hands-on involvement in .NET Core and SQL Server-based solutions.
- Deep understanding of containerized solutions orchestrated within Kubernetes.
- Deep understanding of distributed event-driven architecture.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Agile Development:
- Work closely with project management functions, business requirements manager and scrum masters to ensure the team's alignment with Agile principles.
- Actively participate in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
- Act as scrum master when required
- Collaborate with project management to define project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure effective communication and coordination.
- Problem Solving:
- Proactively identify and address technical challenges.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues promptly to minimize impact on project time.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience gained in a fast-paced IT online e-commerce product delivery environment.
- Proven experience in leading and managing software development teams.
- In-depth knowledge of .NET Core, SQL Server, and distributed event-driven architecture.
- In-depth understanding of e-commerce principles, best practices, and challenges, with a focus on high-volume transactional systems.
- Commercial experience operating in an environment using Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Driven and self-motivated. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Confident, sociable and able to interact directly and autonomously with a wide variety of stakeholders.
As a reward for your commitment to this role you will receive an excellent salary and a competitive benefits package.
Please contact Michael Brennan at Software Placements on +353 (0)1 525 4641 or email your C.V in Word/pdf format to email@example.com.