Our client a leading Multinational Semiconductor RF Company requires Senior RF/Hardware Engineer for role in Dublin, Ireland.
Reporting to the Applications Engineering Manager, your primary goal of this role is to assist company customers and prospective customers in applying wireless technology to their particular end-application needs, thereby securing design-wins for company and ultimately driving revenue.
This is a broadly-scoped role covering hardware, software, integration and test on the one hand and customer interaction on the other, and include the following: -
- Presenting company technology to customers, assessing customers technical requirements and proposing appropriate system architecture options to meet those requirements
- Design & debug of application-specific hardware platforms using company technology as both generic reference designs and specifically for individual customers
- Assisting customers in the design of their company -based hardware including assisting them in making the most appropriate trade-offs to meet their system needs
- Reviewing customer schematics and PCB layouts
- Reproducing and solving technical issues seen on customer platforms in the laboratory
- Producing technical documentation to the highest standards to drive customer understanding of company technology and the optimum ways in which to use it in particular applications
- A strong degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- 7+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience of hardware development including schematic capture, PCB layout and all steps through to hardware debug and product release. Operating knowledge of standard test equipment (oscilloscope, spectrum analyser, etc.) is necessary.
- RF experience is highly desirable since many of the application challenges with Company's technology involve RF-related issues including PCB layout & optimization, antenna selection and filtering at frequencies up to 10GHz
- A good knowledge of hardware systems generally, including layout of switched-mode power supplies, high-speed processor interfaces, electromagnetic interference, etc.
- Familiarity with regulatory bodies such as ETSI and FCC a bonus
- Experience with automated test equipment set-ups and scripting (Python, LabVIEW, etc.)
- Demonstrate a problem solving approach and a strong desire to see the customer succeed
- C programming and Embedded System Knowledge a plus
For further information please contact Míchéal at Software Placements on 00353 1 5254642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org