Our client a leading Multinational Telecoms Semiconductor company requires a Senior RF/Analog Mixed Signal Design Engineer for role based in Dublin or Cork, Ireland.
As a member of the RF/analog team, you will work with our experienced engineers, digital designers and system architect. You will take part in the creation of the next generation of RF circuits.
- To design ultra-low power implementation of subsystems of RF transceivers in CMOS/FinFET.
- To contribute to system studies combining several connectivity standards such as Bluetooth, WiFi, ZigBee and provide feedback on implementation.
- To design and generate behavioral models for analog / mixed signal / RF blocks of IoT transceivers.
- To bring in new ideas based on literature or experience for ultra-low power RF and/or analog / mixed-signal blocks architecture and design.
- To contribute to the definition and specification of subsystems in collaboration with digital design, system engineering and validation teams to order to ensure the robustness and suitability of the design.
- To support the validation team for silicon testing and participate in measurements as appropriate.
- To take part in pre-sales and counseling with our customers and partners.
You have the following competencies:
- 10 years + plus experience
- Good communication with internal and external teams and partners.
- Ability to work at different abstraction levels, from behavioral modeling and architecture tradeoffs down to transistor level design of CMOS or FinFET circuits.
- Familiarity with: Cadence design environment, Matlab,
- Curious and open-minded, you are looking forward to design of state-of-the-art RF circuits with an ultra low-power objective.
- Experience and familiarity with some of the following fields is valued
- Study, research and design of CMOS or FinFET analog and RF circuits with low-power and low-area constraints (up to 10GHz)
- Simulation and statistical process variation analysis (Monte Carlo + PVT variations) of RF or Mixed-Signal subsystems
- Behavioral modeling (either specification or model writing, in Verilog-A, Verilog or Matlab)
- Design of RF blocks like LNA, PA, LO distribution circuits, PLL (analogue or digital).
- Design of analog or mixed signal blocks such as low-power data converters, power management subsystems, bias circuits.
- Lab measurements and investigation into measurements vs. design discrepancies
- Layout experience (either RF or Data converters)
- With a background of engineering in embedded electronic and RF transceivers,
- You are rigorous, versatile, are a team player, and have good interpersonal skills.
For further information please contact Mícheál at Software Placements on 00353 1 5254642 or email email@example.com