Our client a leading a Multinational Semiconductor requires Senior Analog Design Engineer for role based in Cork City, Ireland.
- Design and verify CMOS analog blocks for custom ASICs to meet performance, area, power and timescale constraints. Blocks include amplifiers, oscillators, LDOs, comparators and reference/biasing circuits.
- Take technical leadership for sub-systems and drive them from specification to production ramp.
- Collaborate with project leads to achieve system and design strategy for custom ASICs.
- Guide layout team to ensure quality of layout of own designs.
- Produce high quality documentation for designed circuits.
- Work closely with DFT engineers to ensure alignment to DFT strategy and implementation.
- Drive silicon debugging and design characterisation.
- Support and participate in lab evaluation for own designs.
- Work with test and product engineers to support test development and ramp to production.
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members.
- Take a proactive approach to driving own development plan, utilising team members and internal development opportunities.
Skills and Experience:
- 5-8 years of relevant analog circuit design experience.
- Hands-on experience in the design and verification of blocks such as amplifiers, oscillators, LDOs, comparators and reference/biasing circuits.
- Expertise in the design of filters and PLLs and/or RF circuits such as LNAs and mixers is an advantage.
- Experience of sub-system and chip-level verification including AMS verification.
- Strong competence with EDA design tools and the Cadence design environment.
- Ability to work with minimal instruction – either independently or collaboratively.
- Ability to make good judgement in selecting method and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Able to confidently share own expertise and work with others.
- Ability to propose innovative solutions.
- Ability to make significant contributions to projects, programs and business initiatives with creativity and ingenuity.
- Ability to support and mentor less experienced team members.
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Results-oriented and able to deliver on-time under tight schedule.
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team.
- Flexibility to undertake occasional international travel at short notice.
- Excellent command of verbal and written English.
- Concise and precise communication and presentation skills within multi-site and multi-cultural environment.
For further information please contact Mícheál at Software Placements on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00353 1 5254642.