Our client a leading Multinational Semiconductor EDA Company requires Principal Support Application Engineer for role based in Cork City, Ireland.
You will provide expert level technical support for client products, technologies, and solution flows. You work both independently and collaborate with other team members to address customer issues, advise customer on tool methodology and flows, resolves customer escalations. You will work with the RnD and other Teams to coordinate and facilitate customer Change Requests (CCR's / JIRA’s). You will act as strong team member and contributor, leading team projects and initiatives. And finally act as mentor AE1/AE2/AE3 level AEs.
- Identifies customer problem areas within own area of technical expertise and works closely with customers to resolve their issues. He works closely with R&D and other Teams as situations needs, provides feedback and recommendations for solutions from R&D in a logical and systematic approach to customer for issue resolution.
- Applies a proactive and creative approach to resolving problems using specialized domain knowledge and advanced business experience; obtains feedback on issues/suggestions and brings back to R&D
- Keeps a close track on issues being worked with objective to provide fast resolution
- Evaluates business and industry trends in design flow and new methods of design; suggests improvements to processes, products, and services
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Provides effective technical leadership and mentoring for a small team working in house or customer facilities to deliver quality results according to schedule requirements
- Helps drive process and manage projects
- Solves highly complex problems and can identify viable and often innovative options, and uses analytical skills and judgment to recommend an appropriate solution
- Capture’s knowledge learned from the issues into the system in timely and meaningful way to be reused for self-help and learning by customer’s and other team members
- Decisions impact the achievement of customer, operational, program or service objectives
- Contributions may result in business or process improvements within the function
- Works collaboratively with AE team, and Project Manager within BU; communicates regularly with R&D; interacts effectively with company management at all levels
- Interacts with AE Manager/Director and Account teams
- Leads multiple projects requiring cross-team collaboration
- Able to establish a close working relationship with both customer peers and management
- Solid understanding of CDN tool set in the context of multiple flows; expert level skills on multiple tools; ability to analyze customer's environment and evaluate appropriate support solutions; able to architect flows; anticipates technical issues and develops creative solutions before they become a problem
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; developed negotiation, influencing, conflict resolution and consulting capability
- Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of products, strategies, financial position and organization of customers before working with them; demonstrates the ability to translate technical knowledge into a work product that increases the customer's satisfaction
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in; Electrical / Electronics / Electronics and Communication / Computer Engineering / VLSI Engineering with 7+ years related experience
- OR Masters +5 years of related experience
- OR PhD + 3 years of related experience
- The candidate should have exposure to VLSI design flow and/or System Design Engineering experience in the relevant domain like Automotive Electronics, IC Design, PCB Design, RF and Microwave Design, Defence and Aerospace etc.
- Specific skills either in Intelligent Systems Design, Custom IC Design, Digital IC Design or Functional Verification will be of added value
For further information please contact Mícheál at Software Placements on 00353 1 5254642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org