Our client a leading Multinational Life Reinsurance Company requires Milliman Mind European Markets Modelling Lead for role based in Dublin City, Ireland.
Your team is made up of modelling experts focused on delivering a continuous, high-quality and efficient service of actuarial modelling to Global Life teams worldwide. This includes the ongoing development and maintenance of models for both Pricing and Reserving. The team is a key contributor to significant global projects such as the implementation of IFRS17.
The team is building its actuarial modelling support, in particular to local valuation actuaries and accountants based in France, Germany and South Africa. This position will lead the co-ordination of team with model users in these locations; to provide direction and contribute to the future development and maintenance of the Milliman Mind models and related tools currently being rolled out across multiple reporting bases and jurisdictions.
The successful candidate will be innovative and pro-active in identifying, designing and rolling out transformational improvements to the modelling of our portfolio of business in these significant and critical markets. In particular, this role will work to identify tools and technologies which can be implemented to bring a radical transformation to modelling and analytical capabilities.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to be part of an expert team working in a fast paced and dynamic environment developing state-of-the-art modelling solutions. The role reports into the Actuarial Modelling Manager and is based in Ireland. Some travel between offices (particularly Paris and Cologne) will be required for this role.
- Monitoring of the Milliman Mind models and environment to ensure continuous availability to end-users
- Identify issues and suggest paths to resolution
- Coordinate tasks and deliverables across multiple teams in different locations
- Collaborate across teams to drive the design, development, testing, review, validation and delivery of models to meet the requirements of the reserving actuaries and technical accountants
- Broad understanding of SII / IFRS17 methodology and concepts to coordinate development needs
- Build strong relationships with senior colleagues and key stakeholders:
- Local Actuarial and Accounting Teams based in France, Germany and South Africa,
- Head of Modelling and team based in Ireland
- Be a primary contact for all related topics, ensuring appropriate communication with all stakeholders
- Drive the planning, monitoring and co-ordination of model developments and production releases.
- Development and testing of the Milliman Mind models
- Collaborate with modelling and data science communities to identify new tools and technologies to bring modelling capabilities to the next level
- Other duties as assigned by the Company, including participation in related Divisional and Group projects
- High level of independence, flexibility, assertiveness and ability to build relationships and work across multiple geographic locations.
- Prioritising and coordinating work across multiple functions and teams
- Experienced user of Milliman Mind or other actuarial modelling tools
- Experienced programming in Milliman Mind or other actuarial modelling tools
- Past involvement in significant projects implemented on a global basis
- Managed or led teams of developers
- Demonstrated innovation and creativity in proposing new ways of working
- Flourishes working as part of a busy team in a fast-paced environment
- Innovative, inquisitive and creative
- Organisational skills and ability to work simultaneously on multiple activities to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to be able to work on own, and closely within a team structure
- Results driven and passion for quality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Very strong communication and documentation skills in both English and French
- Partly or Fully Qualified Actuary with 5+ years recent modelling experience
For further information please contact Míchéal at Software Placements on 00353 1 5254642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org