Our client a leading Multinational Semiconductor Company requires Staff Mixed Signal Design Engineer for high performance sensor products which improve user interface of electronic systems for consumer, industrial, automotive applications. The role is based in Cork City, Ireland.
You will be involved in development of integrated circuits for advance sensing system. In this position, the successful candidate will work with an experienced international team and be exposed to the entire product lifecycle from definition and requirements through IC design to silicon support. This is a varied role with the opportunity to create real impact within the organization and build a promising career.
It will include the following.
- Perform LiDAR research and development in CMOS analog/mixed-signal integrated circuits design for high performance optical, small signal sensing system.
- Understand advance package system including 3D stacking technology.
- Analyze system timing requirement and propose circuit architectures of high-speed data Lidar read out system.
- Comprehend sensor design and specification of system blocks including AFE, VGA, ADC, DAC, I2C/I3C, SPI interfaces.
- Technical understanding of digital & mixed-signal sensor sub-systems.
- Active participation in product and technology roadmap planning and implementation.
- Participation and leadership of design reviews for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Define innovative advance sensing system from concept, Matlab signal processing, circuit design simulation and post-layout evaluation.
- Design performance tracking and design improvements.
Successful candidates will have most of the following:
- At least 8+ years of mixed-signal design experience in CMOS technologies and understand high performance Optical sensors system architecture.
- PhD, post-graduate or degree qualification in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Design experience in LIDAR and related optical system.
- Time-to-Digital Converter TDC design experience and knowledge of CMOS SPAD array or photodiode detector.
- In-depth knowledge of LNA analog front end circuit design.
- Transistor-level design and layout of high-performance, low-power analog and digital circuits.
- Good understanding of EMC and ESD effects and requirements Know-how in CMOS mixed-mode technologies
- Familiar with various design tool platforms including Cadence and Synopsys.
- Good knowledge of measurement, testing and characterization methods.
- Self-motivated, individual contributor with strong problem solving skills.
- Experience of working in wide-ranging roles and flexible environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- The ability to work with cross-functional teams.
For more information please contact Mícheál at Software Placements on 00353 1 5254642 or email email@example.com