Our client a Multinational Semiconductor Company requires Senior Embedded C ARM Software Engineer for role in Limerick or Cork, Ireland.
The company is working a Hybrid Model of which the candidate to be onsite 2 days per week.
You will lead the design and delivery of innovative energy system software solutions to customers in the electric energy ecosystem, from green energy generation and power conversion to energy storage systems to powering electric drive trains. Product types include advanced smart meters, photovoltaic (PV) inverters, EV fast chargers, On-board Chargers, and E-drive systems.
The role requires a flexible and highly skilled software engineer with expertise in electronic system and application software design while possessing strong communication and interpersonal skills. The candidate should relish finding elegant solutions to complex system level challenges.
- Develop embedded system software from concept, through architecture and design to production.
- Develop on target systems that operate on bare-metal or real-time OS-based framework, on an ARM or other embedded processors. Conduct code reviews with project team.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to work in a distributed development environment, and to develop high quality software requirements and design documentation
- Contribute to the software architecture based on requirements and coordinate with external and internal stakeholders including software, hardware, security, and functional safety.
- Contribute to process and tools for efficient development and delivery of software.
- Contribute to hardware in loop (HIL) system with continuous integration toolchain and automated test scripts.
- Lab evaluation, debug, and optimization of embedded system functionality and performance.
Strong candidates will have many of the following experience and qualifications:
- Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering; MSEE and 4+ years of experience preferred.
- Strong C, C++ programming and debugging skills. Experience in Python or other scripting languages.
- Experience using ARM development tools such as Keil, IAR, Eclipse, mBed, GCC.
- Experience with Linux, FreeRTOS and/or other embedded OS.
- Experience in Agile software development system like SVN, GIT, JIRA.
- Experience with unit testing, code coverage and associated tools.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and software development process.
- Experience writing higher level application software in the electric energy space.
- Innovative, analytical problem-solver with curiosity and interest to develop on leading-edge embedded hardware and applications, and a bias to action.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and set priorities to deliver on schedule.
Strong candidates should exhibit or possess the following attributes:
- Experience with articulating and presenting concepts to customers and uncovering their needs.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to understand and clearly articulate technical issues.
- Enjoys working in a dynamic environment in fast-growing markets, and openly embraces working with others, including across groups, and actively seeks to do so.
- Team player, ability to work with diverse engineering teams, with wide-ranging backgrounds, cultures, and geographies.
For further information please contact Mícheál at Software Placements on 00353 1 5254642 or email email@example.com