Our client a leading Multinational Semiconductor requires Senior Embedded C/C++ Software Engineer for role based in Limerick City, Ireland.
As an experienced Embedded C/C++ Software engineer you will join a wireless radio group. You will participate in the innovation of wireless products and solutions.
As a critical member of the team, you will participate and add value in all phases of product maintenance and support, actively participating in feasibility, requirement, architecture, design, implementation, integration, and verifications. You will be positioned within a multi-site development team and will be working closely with system, analog, digital, verification, and customer application teams.
- Architect, design, develop, test and support device driver, embedded firmware, platform drivers, hardware abstraction layer and DLL software
- Develop test code/scripts for logical and functional test of the software and the system in an embedded environment
- Work with Silicon Designers, FPGA designers, Applications Engineers, and other team members
- Become knowledgeable & develop competence in RF system design.
- Deliver high quality code as software is used internally by customers in end application systems
- MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- You will have a minimum of 8 years of experience developing software in embedded C/C++ multi-threaded programming skills
- Experience with embedded platforms & embedded software development paradigms
- Experience with embedded real-time operating systems
- Experience with data structures and object-oriented programming
- Ability to work in distributed development environment
- Hands on experience integrating, building, and testing of multi-thread based applications
- In-depth knowledge of software development life cycle, software configuration management tools, and software release process
- Experience with SCM tools (GIT, SVN, Clearcase, Perforce, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with defect tracking tools (Jira, SVN, etc.)
- Customer-facing experience is also desired, as this position may be dealing directly with customers and/or partners
- Strong communication skills as they will be developing requirements and design documents
- Strong working knowledge of a software development process (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
- Demonstrated knowledge of a scripting language (Python, Perl)
- Demonstrated knowledge of RF systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital signal processing (DSP) and algorithm development experience. [Examples include Digital Filters, Digital Mixers, Frequency/Waveform Synthesis, Adaptive Signal Processing]
- Demonstrated knowledge of 3GPP standards ?
- Experience with development on Windows and Linux
For further information please contact Mícheál at Software Placements on 00353 1 5254642 or email email@example.com