Our client a leading Multinational Semiconductor EDA Software provider require a number of Principal, Senior and Junior Analog Design (SerDes)Engineers for a roles based in PHY team at the R&D center of excellence in Cork City, Ireland.
The SerDes PHY group requires ambitious analog designers who wish to work on the leading edge of Wireline technology at the highest data rates (112Gbps+) and on the smallest technology nodes (e.g. 3nm ).
You will design products for communication protocols such as PCIe (now at Gen 7) and UCIe (emerging Chiplets standard).
- Design of High Speed SERDES products at data rates up to and exceeding 112 Gbps on leading edge technology nodes (e.g. 3nm FinFET CMOS)
- Design and development of analog/mixed signal IC circuit blocks from initial concept/specification through final verification of conformance to customer specifications
- Work closely with Physical Design Engineers to design IC circuit blocks and PMA sections
- Participate in technical leadership of the team in the areas of circuit design and SERDES architectures
- Work with global teams (US, west coast and east coast), which work in different time-zones
- Candidate’s background should include a minimum of 3 years of experience in CMOS SERDES or high-speed I/O IC design and development
- Working knowledge of a set of common SERDES standards and their electrical requirements
- Must have a thorough understanding of jitter and signal equalization techniques
- Proficient design experience in many of the following SERDES circuit blocks: Driver, Receiver, Serializer, Deserializer, Phase Interpolator, Low jitter PLL, High Speed Clock Distribution, Bias and Bandgap, Voltage Regulators
- Excellent problem-solving skills, analog aptitude, good communication skills and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- BEng, MEng or PhD
- Cadence tool experience and design experience at >10Gbps and in <40nm technologies
- Lab test experience as part of silicon evaluation is advantageous
- Interest in publishing academic papers and presenting at conferences e.g. ISSCC, JSSC
For further information please contact Mícheál at Software Placements on 00353 1 5254642 or email email@example.com