Our client is a global market leading technology company.
The IT M&A Architect is a critical and trusted role reporting to Infrastructure and End-user Services (I&E) Chief of Staff working closely with M&A Integration Office and Office of the CIO. In this role you will translate business integration needs into technical solutions that are nimble, scalable, repeatable, cost effective and user experience-centric solutions. This is a highly technical role and IT M&A architect is expected to be fluent in most if not all Infrastructure areas like Compute, Storage, Databases, Big Data, Network, Cloud (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS) and End-User services like Endpoints, Virtual Desktops, Collaboration suites, identity etc..
This role will require working with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders including senior executives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and will span all IT functions.
This team is responsible to provide a strong, secure, and resilient IT foundation comprised of cutting-edge technology to rest of the company to build applications and products without worrying about underlying infrastructure services. You will work with a globally diversified group of highly technical team focused on delivering value to the business and engineering. We partner with teams across the company to help them securely and cost-effectively build new products and stay productive from anywhere in the globe.
- IT M&A Architect must have a broad understanding of IT especially Infrastructure and End-users technologies with hands-on experience in integration and migration activities.
- Ability to craft and articulate strategy, principles, patterns and models for integrating acquired entities into the client’s infrastructure fabric that are aligned with Business requirements.
- Ability to translate business integration needs and requirements into technical solutions
- Ability to straddle between big picture thinking and details as integration and separation plans are created with tight deadlines.
- Act as a connector, bridge and trusted advisor among IT, Business, M&A Integration Office and the acquired company.
- Ability to analyse and assess acquired company’s infrastructure stacks and develop integration/separation strategies.
- Continue to evolve integration/separation playbooks and frameworks and evangelize them to broader IT and Business.
- Perform security assessments of infrastructure and end-user endpoints in collaboration with Information Security.
- Lead and manage blockers and reach out to other IT domains as appropriate.
- Collaborate and engage regularly with subject matter experts in Cybersecurity, Infrastructure, Engineering etc. to insure there is open dialogue and discussion on all outstanding blockers and continue to drive best practices and new playbooks based on evolving requirements and business scenarios.
- Represent Infrastructure and End-User Services team in executive forums, and cross-functional integration meetings.
- Mentor junior and new team members to increase their knowledge of integration activities and improve their support of integration deliverables.
- Ability to work independently with little guidance and supervision
- Taking responsibility for own work and making decisions with limited impact; impact of decisions is readily apparent; errors made typically only impact timeline (i.e., require additional time to correct).
- Prioritize effectively and handle shifting priorities professionally
- Using verbal and written communication skills to convey basic, routine factual information about day-to-day activities to others who are fully knowledgeable in the subject area.
- Completing tasks that require multiple steps that must be performed in a specific order, using directions or manuals that accurately document the steps necessary to perform the tasks.
- Using deductive problem solving required to solve moderately complex problems; most problems have defined processes of diagnosis/detection; some limited data analysis may be required.
- Exercising some creativity may be required to troubleshoot technical problems or deal with novel circumstances.
- 10+ years’ experience holding senior engineering and architecture roles.
- Preference for someone with strong cloud (AWS/Azure) and/or and Networking experience with infrastructure (servers, storage, virtualization, containerization)
As a reward for your commitment to this role you will receive an excellent salary and a competitive benefits package.
Please contact Michael Brennan at Software Placements on +353 (0)1 525 4641 or email your C.V in Word/pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.