Our client a leading Multinational Semiconductor Company requires EDA Design Support/Hardware Design Engineer for role based in Dublin or Cork, Ireland. They are currently working a Hybrid working Model that requires you to be onsite 3 days per week.
You will also be required to travel to there Bristol, England office 1 day per month.
You work across our complete product range in conjunction with the local design teams and flow/technology departments. You identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete internal customer (IT, CAD and technology departments) satisfaction through all stages of the development process.
Your new responsibilities include:
- Support internal R&D chip designers for daily issues related to IC development flow and related software tools and methodologies (1st level support);
- Support R&D teams in Ireland & UK (remotely support from Ireland) - some limited travel will be required;
- Proactively consult chip design projects to ensure proper and efficient usage of working environment;
- Collect product specific requirements and provide fast solutions (workarounds, prototypes) where needed;
- Trigger and track implementation of enhancements to ensure on-time availability for productive usage;
- Work closely with in-house design flow providers and methodology owners on developing further solutions;
- Support roll-out of new methodology solutions into chip design projects;
- Share knowledge and work closely together with the EDA Design Support Engineer community.
• A degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- You will have 3-5 years experience in the semiconductor industry as a development engineer or working experience in First Level support Hardware Design;
- Experience using EDA tools from the main Vendors (e.g. Cadence, Synopsys, Siemens/Mentor) for digital design, knowledge in analog design is also appreciated;
- Basic programming skills (e.g. Perl, Python or Tcl);
- Basic knowledge of design languages: System Verilog or Verilog
- Expertise in Unix/Linux und Compute Farm environment;
- Supportive mindset to help internal customers for technical problems;
- Ability to be a frontline interface with internal customers;
- Eager to learn new topics and do proactive knowledge sharing within your international and diverse team;
- Fluent English skills;
- This person must be based in Ireland.
For further information please contact Mícheál at Software Placements on 00353 1 5254642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org