Our client a leading Multinational Financial organisation requires a Contract Technology Operations Analyst for 6 months daily rate contract role based in the IFSC, Dublin, Ireland.
- Provide day to day support of all issues related to desktop technology across front-office, middle-office (and operations) and back-office
- Participate in initiatives and identify opportunities for technology operations
- Support hardware including Desktop, Laptop, Mobile devices (iPhones, iPads, Android phones), A/V & Conferencing units, Printers, scanners and peripherals
- Support the desktop and trade floor environment including o/s, build, patching, security, upgrades, and policies
- Support infrastructure (for) and applications including market data, trading apps, development apps, M365 office apps, etc.
- Perform and support desk moves, add and other related change work
- Support and provide assistance to Remote (Work-From-Home) users
- Handle and complete small projects (which include planning, implementation, and post-implementation support)
- Train customers on certain software products as and when required
- Document issues, processes, guides, software applications in knowledge bases and maintain hardware inventory repositories, etc.
- Use Service Now as an incident and problem management tool to log/manage incidents, changes and run reports
- Participate as and when required in the EMEA Service Desk team rota
- Experience in Technology Operations, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, and/or education
- Previous training and experience in desktop support
- Windows 10 and Office 2016/ M365 expertise
- Demonstrate strong CRM skills (customer follow-up, prioritization, escalation, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple issues at a time in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- College degree or industry certification desired (Computer Science, Information Technology, MCSE) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supporting vendor and in-house developed trading applications.
- Previous experience in support within the financial sector. Trade floor support experience and supporting Market Data applications (such as Bloomberg, Eikon, & Fidessa) an advantage but not essential
- Ability to successfully handle multiple problems and issues within a challenging environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with various enterprise partners and external vendors to resolve issues
- Provide centralized command and control for major incident management, ensuring teams focus first on restoring business services
- Review, analyze and escalate issues from key metric analysis, event monitors, reported service deviations, and documented changes
- Develop knowledge business cycles and capabilities to assess the impact of technology events on the business and other support areas
- Reduce the impact of application and infrastructure failures on business delivery
- Engage various teams of trouble-shooters to assess system health and issues
- Present recommendations for resolving more complex situations
- Provide information to functional colleagues, internal partners and stakeholders
For further information please contact Mícheál at Software Placements on 00353 1 5254642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org