Our client a leading a Multinational Semiconductor requires Contract Embedded C Python LINUX/RTOS Engineer for 5 months daily rate role based in Dublin, Ireland. It is a Hybrid working model of 2 days onsite and 3 days from home.
The client develop Linux and bare metal drivers for RF, FEC, SDR, System Monitoring functions for FPGA’s. The candidate must first be an expert C programmer who takes pride in consistent quality development with an emphasis on testing and the development lifecycle. As you will be working closely with silicon, embedded software and systems engineers you must demonstrate a keen interest in low level hardware integration and silicon design. An understanding of Digital Signal Processing and signal theory is a definite advantage but not crucial so long as you are open to learning.
This team works in a close collaborative, “Can Do” style and we employ some of the principles of Agile as it applies to our domain. The following are some of the attributes of the role:
- Extensive C programming, debug and toolchains in the embedded domain.
- Capable of Low level Embedded Linux/RTOS programming.
- Python Programming and Scripting is an advantage.
- An understanding of the Xilinx FPGA product and the system development process is an advantage.
- An understanding of CI and the build tool workflow (GIT, Unit Test frameworks, Static Analysis, Patching).
Nice to have:
- Experience in test automation, unit test and other code quality tools.
- Confidant in interacting with colleagues in different departments to achieve goals.
- Must be methodical, details oriented, innovative and enthusiastically capable of owning and delivering on tasks.
- Must be confident collaborating with external test teams to create functional test specifications and implement functional tests.
- Fully self-sufficient in software development concepts and methods, coding and scripting languages, and build, analysis and debug tools required in area of responsibility
- Demonstrates flexible adaptability in working with still maturing, generation-dependent software development and testing methods
- Actively monitors and responds to changing product requirements throughout the requirements lifecycle.
- Regularly assesses milestones and risks. Where warranted, suggests alternatives or mitigations
- Self-starter who is capable of independent working alone as part of a team or some leadership if the opportunity demands it.
For further information please contact Mícheál at Software Placements on 00353 1 5254642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org