My client currently has a requirement for a Project Manager for a 12 month daily rate contract.
My client is embarking on a multi-year transformation programme. In particular, the programme will focus on technology, business process, and people change. You will be responsible for the operational oversight and delivery of the programme and ensures that the overall programme objectives are clearly defined and met. The individual will have strong credentials delivering multi-year complex IT and Business change transformation programmes via Agile Scrum methodology with deep knowledge and experience delivering IT change via Jira and organising multi-disciplinary Business and IT teams.
- Solution Market Assessment Due Diligence in conjunction with the Procurement Team
- Achieve appropriate internal sign-off’s required to commence programme delivery including working with programme sponsor, product owner, Procurement, Compliance, Legal, IT Security Governance, Supplier Governance team.
- Adapt to and apply different delivery approaches (waterfall, Scrum, etc) depending on the programme phase and approaches of 3rd parties and perform, with appropriate support, project management processes to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control.
- Oversee elicitation of requirements to meet stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Run workshops to finalise technology design and business process design in conjunction with business stakeholders, Enterprise Architecture, and the Business Design Lead
- Run regular programme delivery stand-ups (delivered via Jira), weekly key stakeholder comms meetings, fortnightly Steering meeting, contribute to monthly Ireland Exec Change Governance board, and any governance requirements.
- Balance the competing constraints of scope, schedule, budget, quality, resources, and risk to produce the specified product, service, or result.
- Support the sponsor in the setup of the project to ensure the business case is clearly defined (including estimates of required resources and funds) and relevant stakeholders are engaged as part of evaluating the preferred product solution.
- Make choices about resource allocation, make trade-offs among competing objectives and alternatives, and manage the inter-dependencies among the project management areas to ensure project success.
- Develop a programme plan at task level based on the agreed business case, manage and control project delivery in accordance with baseline parameters and standards (time, cost, quality) to drive project success.
- Ensure timely and appropriate planning, collection, creation, distribution, storage, retrieval, management, control, monitoring, and the ultimate disposal of project information to enable effective decision making and ensure successful project outcomes.
- Conduct risk management planning, identification, analysis, response planning, and controlling risk on a project to increase the likelihood and impact of positive events and decrease the likelihood and impact of negative events in the project.
- Ensure change readiness of receiving business area and post implementation support is provided adequately
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and 7 or more years of experience in project management field.
- Certification in project management from a recognized professional organisation.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent
- Scrum qualification and delivery experience is essential
- In depth experience running transformation programmes with complex technology aspects is essential
- In depth experience in delivering via Jira is essential
- Delivery experience in an Insurance environment preferable but not essential
- Experience delivering complexity IT change projects and working with IT teams essential
- Organisational and people change experience is essential
If you feel this role is for you please contact Míchéal on +353 1 525 4642 or email@example.com